last night I cut a piece of PVC and dremeled the crap out of it to make it fish-mouth (lol) onto the stick holders. today I took a chunk of steel wool to the very shiny vinyl tubing to make it matte and also fish-mouthed that as well, and then I added some copper rivets, which I made out of the same copper wire I used to connect the stick holders to the fiberglass piece.
finally, I attached all that to the stick holders with PVC cement. I’m not convinced it will hold up so I’m thinking that I’ll add more rivets through the shiny connector pieces and the stick holders, providing I can find a nice fat rod of steel to put through the stick holders and pound the back of the rivets with.
gonna need to do some touch-up paint later lol